We fell off. Keeping up with the internet is hard. Here’s a goddamn interview with myself to kick off a new season of productivity. Maybe. Anyway, here.
Name and location: Me-The Shop
Years on board: Just about 28 years
Top 5 Tricks
1. Nose manual
2. Nose manual 360 shuv
3. Nose manual big spin
4. Nose manual front board
5. Nose manual smack a thing with your back truck and then keep going
Top 5 Skaters
1. Eddie Dabrowsky
5. Those skateboarding dogs
Top 5 Books
1. Italo Calvino-Marcovaldo
2. Calvin and Hobbes-Something Under the Bed is Drooling
3. Farley Mowat-Never Cry Wolf
4. Stephen King-The Dark Tower series
5. Bill Bryson-A Brief History of Almost Everything
Top 5 Meals
1. Eggs and potatoes
2. Salmon red curry
3. I got a weird thing for gas station food
4. Savory pies
5. Peanut butter
Top 5 People Who Should Shut The Fuck Up
Top 5 Albums
1. John Prine-Tree of Forgiveness
2. Blackalicious-Blazing Arrow
3. Miles Davis-Kind of Blue
4. Scrub Life-Erotic Amish Pleasures
5. Crackwhore-Coat Hangers and Coffee Cans
My current obsession is: Finding five minutes to just lie there.
If I could meet anyone, alive or dead, it would be: Socrates is the funniest person to have existed, I’d like to drink a flagon with the guy.
If I could change one thing about the world it would be: Eliminate all technological advancements since about 379 BCE except concrete and the skateboard.
Whoever is reading this should try: You ever shut the fuck up? Feels great, give it a shot.
For my next trick I will: I’ve been thinking about nose manual bigspin flips for about 24 years, I should probably try one at least. I think the loading dock behind Kellogg Marsh would be amenable to such a maneuver, gets you leaning in the right direction.
I give my thanks to: Atoms and the void.
Leave a Reply